Sunday, December 30, 2012

Great Day

There are times I wish that I lived out west. Big mountains, consistent snow, epic trails, but then there are those days when I'm pretty stoked right where I am.

This morning my wife joined me and our friend Chris for a pre-dawn skin and ski up Shawnee Peak. We got to enjoy fresh snow, first tracks, and that sense of satisfaction that goes along with a fun adventure before most of the world has even woken up.

I then spent some time in my shop working on skis and getting them ready for their next adventure, which it turned out was just this afternoon. I took a tour of Rog's trails and enjoyed a hour of XC skiing through snow laden pine trees and along babbling brooks (literally babbling). As I finished up the sun was setting behind Shawnee Peak and I realized how full circle the day had been, and how lucky I had been to have been right where I was to enjoy it.

I can't wait for tomorrow. 

No comments: