Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring

I'm in my office looking at a very blue sky. The ground outside my office is void of snow, in fact most everywhere I look is void of snow at the moment- except the mountains.

When I worked in the ski industry we struggled with the NIMBY issue of no snow in Boston meant people were less likely to want to go out and ski. I knew it was a real issue but felt certain that it was something I would never face, being all dedicated to sliding on snow and such.

My how the mighty have fallen.

No snow in my yard and I'm in the garage ready to put the summer wax on all the snow sliding toys and go into full on bike mode. It doesn't seem to matter that just a few hundred vertical higher than I am at my house (I live on top of a big hill) there is snow, and not just a little snow, but a lot of snow- enough to have a really, really good time. Alas I still find myself unmotivated to hit the hill- what is my problem?

Is it the fact that I hurt my back a couple weeks ago, and haven't skinned since? Hmmm, that could be it- maybe an early morning skin and ski is just what I need to get out the door. If I go early enough it will be dark and I won't see these that popped up on Sunday.

Hmmmm, flowers in early March- strange.

The moral of the story- the skiing is still good so get out and get some, now I just need to take my own advice!

No comments: