Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is the end near?

I'm sitting at my dining room table looking over at Shawnee Peak trying to figure out if I can muster the strength to head over for a few runs. I feel like I should as they will wrap up their season next weekend and I'll be up at Sugarloaf, so today is my only real chance to say "until next year" to my home hill.

The issue of course is that in the last five days I've become spoiled. Temps in the 60's, bluebird skies, wet spring corn, and a great group to ski with every day. Today it's cloudy, it has been spitting snow (I haven't had snow in my yard for well over a month), and it's not warm. Wow when did I become such a whiner?

With that being said the past week has provided some fantastic ski days. Skiing with friends and family every day, even getting a day for just K and I- it has been great. I'm starting to get the hang of this alpine thing again and have stopped trying to drop a knee on my first turn every run.

So now I'm starting to get stoked to get out there. Just need another cup of coffee first.

No comments: