Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Great Way to Start The Day

One of my favorite things to do is wake up early and climb my local ski hill and enjoy the sunrise before sneaking first tracks. I've made the trip a few times this year, but this morning was the first time I actually got a sunrise.

It is always a bit of a race to the top, as I don't really want to hang out too long at the summit after a climb that leaves me a bit sweaty- so I try to time it just right. I've gotten pretty good at it, and today I hit it just right.

As I was taking my skins off just moments after getting to the summit, I looked up and could see the top of the orb as it began to break the horizon. I grabbed my phone and snapped this shot.

It put a smile on my face and the ripping wind seemed to loose a bit of its chilly bite once I saw the sun.

Then it was time to head down and get home to start the day. What a great start indeed.

No comments: