Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time to Test Skis

Getting out on a pair of demo skis this morning, and I'm kinda stoked. I used to test skis all the time, and I still do a day or two of testing each year- but those days are a lot of skis in a short period of time. This is an all day affair, or at least as long as the girls legs hold out! I bring it up as I get asked all the time about what someone should get for a pair of skis, and I am sometimes embarrassed to say, "I have no idea". The reality is that skis have gotten REALLY good in the last decade, but while they've gotten really good they've also gotten very different. Where do you like to ski? How fast? Do you like to go everywhere (powder, woods, bumps, cruisers, park?) Do you like making big turns? Little turns? A bit of everything? There are skis that excel in all of those categories, as well as skis that do a darn good job crossing over.

So hit up your local shop and try out a pair of skis. Then try out another pair, and maybe another. I guarantee you'll find something you love!

Now get out and ski.

If you're looking for a shop, check out these guys- Sporthaus, they're the guys helping me pick out some new sticks.

No comments: