Friday, January 14, 2011

Nansen Ski Club Race on Jan. 23


Nansen Ski Club is hosting the Nansen Milan Winter Festival on January 23rd, and as a part of that they are hosting a 14km Classic Race.

Nansen is the oldest ski club in the country and they built the famed Nansen Ski Jump. This was the first ski jump I'd ever seen and it is something that should be saved and brought back into use. The history of skiing in that area is very rich and I've met some amazing skiers from the Berlin area, including a couple of brothers who taught me a great deal about skiing and a love for the outdoor- Phil and Leo Jensen. They told me stories about the jump in its heyday and showed me what lifelong fitness can do for you when these gentleman who were in their 70's and 80's would clean my clock during Nordic ski races.

Check out some of these stories from the Nansen site
, and if you are looking for a race on the 23rd give this one a try.

No comments: