Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My ski season is about to begin

I'm ready to go make my first turns of the season. Well almost. I've got to get my skis over to the shop for some grinder love. With the last turn I made being the one that ended with a broken back last spring in Colorado I'm obviously anxious to get things going in the right direction. Ugh, just thinking of that gives me the shivers. But this season is going to be an exciting one as the girls have really progressed and are both pumped to get out on the hill.

I'm most excited to get out and ski with K this winter as she has been my best skiing partner, but for the last 11 years we've been slowed down a bit- with just a couple of trips out west to get a chance to really open it up for complete days. Now we'll be able to ski pretty full on with the girls and not be limited to just the easiest terrain.

It's interesting, as this season approaches I'm starting to think more and more about locking my heel down again. For the past few seasons I've been dedicated to skiing tele 98% of the time. Getting on alpine skis for a couple of photo shoots and a day of testing- but all my free skiing has been on pins (funny term considering I've NEVER skied with a pinned tele binding). What I'm considering is a pair of AT boots and mounting up something like a Line Prophet 100 with a Marker Duke. I think I would enjoy that- but time will tell.

In fact to make matters more interesting I had a snowboarding dream last night- hmmm. I haven't ridden a snowboard in a few years- but this year might be the year to go out and do some riding.

Ahhhh, I love ski season- and it is here.

Smile when you turn as turns make you smile.

Sven

No comments: