Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow?

I got an update from my sister who lives out in Colorado, 15+ inches of snow and it's still coming down. The update left me feeling a bit funny as I'm not sure how I would react to 15+ inches of snow right now. See it would be exciting, but it would likely cause me to do stupid things- like want to go ski powder in the woods. That decision would likely result in badly damaged skis, and more to the point- a badly damaged Sven, kinda like what happened to me in CO last spring- giving rise to my daughters favorite saying- "How's your buttocks today Daddy"- said with a very strange British accent.

But more to the point it would be such a tease. I'd want to put the bikes away, forget about the Porky Gulch Classic, and focus solely on skiing. The danger there is that if you start thinking about skiing too early it can lead to November frustration and even worse- April burnout! I like to have the season build into itself so that my skiing jones can get filled right as it reaches its peak.

Of course I say all of this knowing full well that in about three weeks I'll have a major itch to ski. Especially when we go ski shopping for the kids in a couple weeks.

In the mean time I'll stick with riding and racing my bike.

As a side note- I'm looking for topics for this winters columns and blog posts- so if you've got an idea send it my way!

Sven

No comments: