Friday, September 11, 2009

Do I smell snow?

No I don't but I'm starting to dream about snow! At work I've been giving a few of the kids from the land of perpetual warmth a hard time about snow and how cold it gets. Some of them get really nervous when you mention temperatures in the "below zero" category. They'll be fine, and hopefully we'll get them out on the hill making turns this winter.

Speaking of that I wonder when the drag race to "open" will begin. Now that we have some new ownership going on here in the east I wonder if we will resume the good battles that used to exist between the likes of Sunday River and Killington. Now we have Bretton Woods enjoying early opening and closing dates- time will tell.

Not much to report at the moment other than the fact that there isn't much to report, but winter will approach rapidly, and with it stories of skiing. Until then, think snow.

sven

No comments: